Monday, May 21, 2012

Fire on the Dock Final Two




The finale of Fire on the Dock is finally here!  Tomorrow night, two worthy chefs will battle it out for the win: Chef Andy Hopper from Chefs 105 and Chef Jerry Fong of Persimmons.  Who will come out on top? Tune into twitter @compdiningnc for the play-by-play. 


Andy Hopper of Chefs 105 

Chef Hopper was the winner of Battle Bacon and Country Ham, Battle Strawberries and Asparagus, and Battle Pasta and Quail. 

My cooking style is: Simple but effective contemporary American cuisine with a hints of Italian and Spanish influences.

My competitive advantage is: the fact that I have travelled the country and overseas to study at some of the greatest restaurants including The Four Seasons Resort and Troon North in Scottsdale, and the acclaimed Spiaggia Restaurant in Chicago. I am also a multiple-time winner of several local culinary competitions.


Chef Gerry Fong of Persimmons 
\
Chef Fong was the winner of Battle Heritage Farms Premium Pork, Battle Poulet Rouge and Perfect Puree, and Battle Certified Angus Beef®

My cooking style is: An intricate twist of my Chinese ancestry and Southern NC upbringing.  I use classical French technique to bring flavors together.

The NC ingredients I use are: everything from lettuce, beets, and pea tendrils to ground beef, pork and fresh fish. Every dish has a piece of NC in it and that allows us to showcase our unique take on "Southern Fusion." 



Good luck chefs!

No comments:

Post a Comment